Monday, May 9, 2011

Autumn at Mount Wilson

Autumn is such a lovely time of year. The transition of green to shades of orange and gold. It's the time for change and the time for regeneration. To get rid of the old and regenerate. Saturday was a beautiful day, the sky couldn't be any more blue, though maybe a little warmer and the drive up to Mount Wilson was so nice and relaxing. My brother had went the week earlier for the food and wine festival which i disappointingly missed but Nathan made up for that. Here's some of the beautiful colours I captured that day.

Most of the trees were becoming bare with falling leaves whilst the floor was scattered with wonderful arrays of orange and yellow. I liked how the the trees made an arch along the road. Too bad there wasn't enough leaves on both sides to brighten up the picture. Maybe next year.

This was shot from one of the two gardens we went to that day, the bench overlooked the large garden the owner had, I regretfully didn't get a shot from this spot.


I saw the leaves in this tree and fell in love with it. How bright and red it was. It just stood out from the rest. I decided this photo was skyworthy, and so i took it from below, just so it just looks that much more special. It was definitely something worth looking up to, leaves to be admired.


This bench spot outlooks the a little pond. Isn't the sky pretty =)


...More colourful leaves...


...One of my favourite leaf shapes...


This petunia was all alone between the leaves of this massive fern but the brightness of the blue caught my eye.


...Gold leaves oooooh yeah ...


...I just had to have a shot of scattered leaves on the floor...I just couldn't leave without this shot...


If hadn't been raining it'd would've been nice to find a pile of leaves and jump in them. Childish I know.
...& last of all, a big thank you to Nathan for driving me up there so these shots were possible.

- End -


Final shot courtesy of friendly passer-by

No comments:

Post a Comment