Monday, May 23, 2011

The Coastal Drive, Cairns, QLD

So I just couldn't help myself, I should be doing other things like working on my assignment but I just had to flesh out these pictures which are one month overdue. Today is Day 3 of our long weekend away in Cairns. The agenda: Daintree Rainforest. We had hired a car - Holden Commodore - for our convenience that day, just to make getting around simpler - to come and go as we pleased. It's not the cheapest of expenses but it was well worth it. Time is priceless and this convenience gave us that time.

Our designated driver - Sophia took us for an amazing scenic coastal drive along Mossman-Daintree Road. It was definitely a breath-taking experience, particularly if you've got brilliant weather like we did that morning. If ever you decide to go up to Cairns, this is a drive not to be missed; and if you have the chance, drive, don't go by coach, it makes such a big difference. This coastal drive is one where you can imagine yourself sitting in a sports convertible with its top off, a slight breeze blowing through your hair, the sunlight warming up and toning the surface of your skin, your sunglasses just at the bridge of your nose; you then come to a moment where you realise this spectacular view is not worth hiding behind some shades; you take them off and if you could get out of your seat, you would get up and view the ocean. 360 degree views, mountainous on your left, coastal on your right. Did I mention this was a breath-taking drive?

I now leave you with a few shots from the 2 pit stops we had that morning:



...Like an Oasis...


...Memories of Friendship....
L2R: Sophia & Lily



...Sandy (I mean Sunny) much?...


... Thank you again to our driver...
Pictured Above: Sophia

 
 ...Take me back....


...I was left Mesmerised...


...Last shot courtesy of a fellow tourist...
L2R: Karen, Sophia, Myself & Lily


- End -

No comments:

Post a Comment