Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunrise at The Marina, Cairns

It's Easter Sunday morning; my high school girlfriends and I had flown from Sydney to Cairns the day before for the Long Weekend. 6am and two of the girls (Sophia & Lily) were still fast asleep, exhausted from waking up at 4am the morning before. This leave us two photographers, Karen & I wide awake in anticipation to catch the morning sun. We planned to hit the marina that was about 20 minutes walk away and that we did. Here are some of the shots I snapped early that morning:


Something about this tree caught my eye, I'm not sure what it was, perhaps it was its stark nakedness to its neighbouring partners, the eerie feeling of isolation it brought when you sat next to it out-looking the pier, or perhaps it was just a statement of its own. I am bare. I am wilting. Awaiting...Light touch me, shine and bring me growth...

 
... The boardwalk ...
...So Sensual, it speaks for itself...


...Sleeping Beauty...


....The Awakening...


...Illuminating...

...Warmth...

 

...Sea Breeze...
...She is ready to fly...

-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment